Hip Replacement Surgery
Hip Replacement Surgery
What is Hip Replacement Surgery?
Hip replacement surgery is a surgical technique in which a non-functional hip joint is replaced with a prosthesis.. Hip replacement surgery is for someone who has hip joint damage. The condition can cause a person’s bones to rub against each other when they walk, leading to pain and sometimes severe damage. Though most people who undergo hip replacement surgery are between ages 50 and 80, it is safe for far younger patients as well.
When to consider a Hip Replacement Surgery?
Hip replacements are common and have become a routine part of treatment for many conditions that cause the hip joint to become damaged. A hip replacement surgery in Mumbai is recommended when:
- Severe hip pain that is not cured by conventional treatment
- Hip stiffness that restricts movement
- A hip disability that makes completing routine tasks difficult.
The hip replacement surgeon in Mumbai takes into account several things before recommending a hip arthroplasty. Then he deduces for surgery in the following ways:
- Medical history – Your orthopedic surgeon will ask about the extent of hip pain and its impact on your everyday life.
- Physical examination – He will examine hip mobility, strength, and alignment through specific movements.
- X-rays – The surgeon uses imaging or screening tests to see through damage or deformity in your hip visually and gauge and plan procedures accordingly.
- MRI scan – An orthopedic or hip replacement surgeon in Mumbai may recommend a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan needed to determine detailed internal images of bone and soft tissues of your hip.
What are the types of Hip Replacement Surgery?
Total Hip Replacement Surgery
Total Hip Replacement Surgery is a surgical procedure in which the hip joint is replaced with an artificial component. This surgery is usually done as part of treatment for osteoarthritis or when a person has a hip joint that is no longer functional.
Partial Hip Replacement Surgery
Partial hip replacement surgery, also known as a half-hip replacement, is a surgical procedure in which the surgeon replaces only part of the ball and socket joint, that is head of your thigh (femur) bone. This type of operation is usually done for fractures around hip joint in elderly patients.
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip resurfacing surgery is a procedure to remove excess bone and fat from the hip. This procedure is typically done to improve mobility after an injury or when the hips have been damaged by arthritis.
How should you prepare for a Hip Replacement Surgery?
The following are the steps recommended by our hip replacement surgeon in Mumbai for preparing yourself for a hip replacement:
- Increase fluid intake to prevent dehydration.
- Do not take any prescription or nonprescription pain medications because they can decrease blood flow and cause complications.
- Limit your activities to light exercise for about a month before surgery.
What are the Hip Replacement Surgical methods?
Depending on the approach, the hip replacement surgery can be performed via two methods: Posterior and Anterior.
The posterior approach is more common and is made by performing a minimally invasive incision through the back of the thigh and onto the top of the buttocks. This incision is used to access the hip joint while avoiding damage to other muscles and nerves.
Anterior approach hip replacement surgery is a type of total hip replacement that requires the bone to be removed from in front of the thigh bone instead of behind. This surgical approach allows for better blood flow to the hip joint.
What is the cost of Hip Replacement Surgery in Mumbai?
The cost of Hip Replacement surgery varies for every Individual depending on the following factors:
- Type of the implant used
- Type of the surgery
- The severity of the condition
- Experience of the surgeon
- Location of the clinic
Why choose Dr. Tushar Ubale for Hip Replacement Surgery in Mumbai?
Dr. Tushar Ubale is the best Hip replacement Surgeon in Mumbai. He is highly experienced and has been in the field for many years. His team handles every individual surgery compassionately, giving patients a safe and optimistic feel about their surgery. To this date, Dr. Tushar has performed many successful life-changing surgeries.
Make Appointment and take care of Your healthy life